Open an Inherited IRA
Opening a new account takes just a few minutes. Before you begin, find out what information you'll need to provide.
All fields required unless otherwise noted.
close the tooltip
What You'll Need to Provide
To open an account:
- Identifying information (Social Security number, date of birth, etc.)
- Contact information (legal/mailing address, email address, phone number)
- Employment information, if applicable (occupation, employer's name and address)
- Identifying information for the original account owner (Social Security number, date of birth, and date of death)
To transfer assets:
- A copy of the original account owner's death certificate
- A statement from the account you've inherited